Original M-T-G and NEW Original M-T-G plus
- How long does it take to work on a skin problem? You will start to see results overnight. We generally advise that it takes about 3 days to a couple of weeks before condition clears up and you can see new hair growth. It depends on the individual.
- Is it safe? We advise always doing a patch test on the skin and waiting 24 hours to make sure there is no sensitivity to the product. That said, only a very small number of horses have ever had any sensitivity to the product. It is safe on broodmares and foals but always consult your veterinarian before using any product on young foals.
- How does it work? Original M-T-G creates a nourishing environment on the skin to promote hair growth while our dermatologist tested ingredients quickly work on any fungal or bacterial problem on the skin itself.
- How soon can I see mane/tail growth? Our clients have reported hair growth of up to 3 inches at the end of the first month. You will also notice new growth and thickness.
- How do I use? Take a small amount of product and rub onto the affected area. Do not wash off. Repeat daily or at least several times per week until problem has cleared up. To grow and thicken mane and tail rub a small amount into base of mane or onto tailbone. Do not wash out. Repeat several times per week.
- What problems can it cause? Original M-T-G, because it is oil based, can cause sensitivity to direct sun. Therefore apply in the evenings to horses turned out 24/7. There should not be an issue with riding or working a horse in direct sunlight for a training or riding session. Skin can swell if you pick the scabs off, especially on legs. There is no need to pick the scabs as they will naturally fall off as skin heals. Original M-T-G does produce a slight heat especially on legs so ask a veterinarian before wrapping legs as it might produce a sweating effect under wraps.
- How do I get the product off my hands and horse? You can either wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or apply Shapley’s Easy Out directly to hands for quick and easy removal. To remove residue from horse, wash with Hi Shine Shampoo as it has been specifically formulated to easily remove Original M-T-G. You can also use Shapley’s Easy Out for quick removal.
- What if I really don’t like the smell? If you are one of the people who just don’t like the smell, use our NEW Original M-T-G plus specially formulated with a light herbal scent to leave a fresh smell on you and your animal. It is the same great product with the same great results as Original M-T-G but it has been formulated to smell much better!
- Does Original M-T-G work on other animals or people? Yes it clears up many skin issues on dogs, cats and livestock such as hot spots, hair loss and mange. Again we recommend a patch test first to check for any sensitivity. For people we make SULU Max Gro that works incredibly well on scalp problems and hair growth. It has been dermatologist tested and approved. Go to www.sulumaxgro.com to find out more.
- Is it guaranteed? Yes all Shapley’s products are guaranteed. If dissatisfied for any reason simply return the unused portion for a full refund minus the cost of shipping.
Top of Page
HI SHINE Shampoo
- Will it strip coats? Even though Hi Shine Shampoo is formulated to remove Original M-T-G and other oil based products it is gentle and safe enough to use every day. It cleanses deeply and thoroughly to get all dirt and stains off the coat without stripping hair of natural oils.
- How do I use? For normal bathing use several good glugs of product into a bucket and add water. It will create luxurious lather and bubbles. Use a sponge to apply to wet coat and work in thoroughly with sponge, hands or curry comb to clean all the way to the skin. Use a sponge on the face to clean and then to remove product. Rinses away quickly and easily leaving a fresh scent.
- To remove Original M-T-G or stubborn stains, apply directly to coat and let sit a few minutes and then rinse. Repeat if necessary.
- Is Hi Shine safe for foals or sensitive horses? Yes, Hi Shine is safe and gentle but as with all products consult a veterinarian for use on very young foals.
Top of Page
EASY-OUT No Rinse Shampoo
- How do I use? Simply spray onto cloth or towel and rub against the hair to the skin to pick up dirt, dust and stains off the horse’s coat or mane and tail. It is easiest if you go section by section on the horse working head to tail to make sure you clean thoroughly and don’t miss any areas. It will work effectively on dirt, dust, grass, manure and urine stains. It is particularly useful on days when you don’t want to bathe the horse. It will not strip the coat of natural oils.
- How do I use on stubborn stains? For stubborn stains, especially on gray or white horses, you can spray directly onto the area, let sit a few minutes, then scrub the area with a towel to lift the stain. For use on a stained mane or tail, spray directly onto hair, saturate thoroughly, let sit a few minutes, then use a towel to gently and carefully pull the stained hair from top down to lift the stains from the hair. You may have to repeat if hair is yellowed by stains.
- Is it necessary for dark coats? It works beautifully on dark coats to rid the coats of any dirt or stains but is especially helpful on fine dust that gets on coat from shavings, dirt turnout or riding ring dust. It can be very had to brush this dirt/dust out of the horse’s coat. By using Easy-Out on a towel against the hair, you can pick up all this fine dust and leave a beautiful, deep, natural shine on your horse with Easy-Out’s optical brighteners. Great to use if too cold for a bath during winter months.
- Will it make saddle area slick? No. As it contains no silicone, it will not create slippage in saddle area or on manes and tails to be braided.
- How often can we use product? It is safe and gentle for daily use but one application will help repel dirt and dust from the horse’s coat to make future clean ups easier and faster for up to a week.
Top of Page
EquiTone Color Enhancing Shampoo
- How do I use? Wet the hair and apply directly to the coat, mane and tail. Do not dilute by pouring into a bucket of water but use full strength. Let it sit on the hair up to 10 minutes then rinse. No need for any other shampoo as it cleans and conditions hair as it enhances the natural color of the horse.
- Why would I need this type of shampoo? It is fabulous for correcting color on sun bleached hair as well as on freshly body clipped horses. If your horse’s hair is looking faded or just not beautiful enough, use the appropriate EquiTone for your horse’s color to improve and deepen his color. The color is locked into the hair and won’t come off on saddle pads or blankets. It won’t run off in the rain but will fade in time.
- Can I use it on my paint or spotted horse? Yes you can use both a dark shampoo as well as the whitening shampoo in the appropriate color areas. Make sure the dark shampoo does not run onto the white areas. When you rinse, it is okay if the dark colors wash onto the white areas briefly but you may want to wash dark areas first, rinse, then wash the light areas with the whitening shampoo. It will produce brilliant color on both dark and light areas. The whitening shampoo is actually wonderful for adding brilliance to dark coats.
- What colors do the shampoos come in? EquiTone Shampoos come in four different colors: Whitening for light or gray coats, Black for dark bay, brown and black coats, Red for chestnuts and sorrels, and Gold for palominos and buckskins. Whitening shampoos can be used on all colors to brighten the coats and add shine.
Top of Page
SHOW TOUCH UP Color Enhancer
- How do I use? Show Touch Ups are effective in temporarily covering any scars, stains or blemishes on your horse’s coat. Do not spray on open wounds. To use first find the appropriate color. Then you want to keep can 12 inches from coat and spray evenly until blemish or stain is covered and blends in with surrounding hair. To use on white markings, cover the surrounding dark hair with towel or tape to keep white off dark hairs or hoof. Spray evenly for a natural brilliant color. Works well on mane and tail hair too to cover and enhance sun bleached or stained hair.
- Will the colors run off in the rain? No, it is safe to use in the rain or puddles as color will not wash off or run.
- How do I remove? Color can wear off with no harm to the coat but if you want to remove use an oil based product such as Shapley’s Hi Gloss. Spray it on the colored area and wipe color off with a towel. Be careful of oil based fly sprays as they will also break down the color and cause it to run.
- Will it harm the coat and hair? No. It will cause no harm as color is temporary and won’t dry out the hair.
- Is it legal to use in horse shows? Show Touch Ups are non permanent color and are used by all breeds and disciplines. We suggest always checking with your show organization or rules committee first if concerned.
- What colors are Show Touch Ups available in? Show Touch Ups are available in eight colors: Black, White, Gray, Palomino, Sorrel, Chestnut, Medium Brown and Dark Brown to match any color horse.
Top of Page
MAGIC SHEEN Hair Polish
- Will the silicone harm or dry out my horse’s hair/coat? No, unlike some other products on the market, this product is specially formulated molecularly not to dry out or harm the hair shaft or skin. It actually provides a protective coating that reduces hair damage.
- How often do I need to apply? One application will last up to a week to add shine and repel most dust and dirt from your horse’s coat. It will make it easier and quicker to brush and clean horse. If you do bathe often, say at a horseshow, apply afterwards. It can be used on a wet or dry coat. To keep long manes and tails silky and untangled, apply often so tangles fall right out easily.
- Is there anything to keep in mind regarding use? Do not use on the saddle area as it may cause slippage. Also, do not use on manes or tails to be braided as it will cause the braids to loosen and slip.
- How do I remove? If needed, Magic Sheen is easily washed off using Shapley’s Hi Shine Shampoo. It will wear off though with no harm to the hair.
Top of Page
HI GLOSS Finishing Spray
- How do I use? Keep the can about 12 inches from horse and spray evenly. Use a cloth to apply to horse’s head area. Wipe off excess and to bring hair to a gleaming shine.
- How do I remove? Simply was out with Shapley’s Hi Shine Shampoo.
- What breeds or disciplines generally use this product? Any breed or discipline can use it, but it is generally used by those who wish for a deeper shine that highlights and defines the parts of the horse better. Generally used by western breeds such as Quarter Horses and Paints as well as Arabians, Morgans, Saddlebreds or any other breed that wants to emphasize expression and muscles.
- How is it different from Shapley’s Magic Sheen? Magic Sheen is silicone based while Hi Gloss is oil based. Hi Gloss will eventually attract dust so apply, wipe off excess and then wipe off as a finishing touch before you head into the show ring. It will attract light and shine onto your horse’s coat.
- What is the Hi Gloss scent? Hi Gloss has a subtle strawberry fragrance loved by all.
Top of Page
MANE MOUSSE Banding and Braiding Aide
- How do I use it? Shake bottle and spray mousse into palm of hand. Wipe on the mane but do not saturate. Wipe on top of mane or tail to keep stray hairs in place or work through mane or tail if it’s to be braided. It will also make the tail look fuller once it is worked in.
- How does it make braiding easier? Applying Mane Mousse to mane or tail prior to braiding will give hair ‘grip’ and make it easier to control and keep braids tight and even. It will keep flyaway or new hair under control. The braids will last longer and can be kept in overnight if desired.
- Will it work on banding or giving hair waves? Yes, it will make the banded hair easy to separate and control and keep hair neat with no flyaways. Once a long mane or tail is braided down and left overnight, the next morning when braids are removed the hair will have great waves and volume.
- Will it dry out the hair? No, it will not dry the hair and can easily be removed with Hi Shine Shampoo.
Top of Page
NO. 1 LIGHT OIL
- Why do I use NO. 1 Light oil? No. 1 Light Oil is great for use as a facial or points of horse highlighter. It offers extreme shine used by Arabians, Saddlebreds, Morgans, AQHA halter horses and more.
- How do I apply? Either put oil in a sprayer and spray on or pour some into your hands and rub onto areas you wish to highlight such as ears, eyes, nose, cheekbones, hocks, knees and other points. It will attract dust so make sure you wipe dust off before heading into ring. Always wipe on face using your hands or towel.
- What else is it good to use on? NO.1 Light Oil is an excellent oil to use on newly body clipped horses to add sheen and vitality to horse’s coat. Simply spray horse after clipping and put blanket on to trap body heat and further condition hair. It also acts as a shedder if you spray on coat and wipe off it will loosen all winter coat that needs to shed. Makes the shedding process much quicker and easier to manage.
Top of Page
NO.2 HEAVY OIL
- How do I use? NO. 2 Heavy Oil is a great deep conditioning oil. Simply heat the oil slightly, being careful not to make it too hot so that it burns the animal, and apply to coat or mane and tail. Let sit for 10 or so minutes and then wash off using Hi Shine Shampoo. Be careful not to apply too heavily or it may take more than one shampooing to get out. It is great to condition sun bleached or damaged hair or act as a shedding agent for long winter coats. You can spray or wipe on.
- What if I want to leave it on tail longer or overnight to deeply condition? That is fine but you may want to braid it and put it in a Shapley’s Super Tail Bag to keep oil contained. The Super Tail Bag has Velcro® adhesives so will pull free easily if caught on anything.